Improve Your Social Campaign With 10 Content Marketing Secrets

By on June 19, 2013

Content marketing is a skill that every single social manager needs to develop, if they are going to produce results with social media. Some say that without content marketing skills, you won’t be able to put an effective strategy together Download the mame emulator. Today, I’m going to share 10 content marketing secrets with you that will immediately improve your social campaigns!

#1: Creating the Platform Puzzle

Think of every platform (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter) as a piece of your content brand puzzle Lineage 2m. The content on each site should be different, but should add up to the same topic goal. A Pinterest image, plus Facebook update, plus tweet = more product X sales Download Windows 7 Korean language pack.

#2: Using Excel Like a Boss

How in the world do you keep track of 50 different content strategies on 1 platform, with 8 platforms to manage Editvoicepack 다운로드? Excel. It’s Microsoft’s gift to social media managers everywhere.

#3: Remain 100% Ethical All The Time

Black hat marketing works, but like gambling you will eventually lose it all book right away. Make sure your content marketing strategies are always 100% ethical, clean and Google compliant.

#4: Different Voices Are an Asset

You create content for your pages, and you curate content Download Dr. Zibago. This allows for different voices, styles and opinions to diversify your social content offering. It will almost always result in larger communities, especially if you are able to hire additional social writers 설국열차 자막.

#5: The Pareto Principle Rules

The Pareto Principle is also called the 80/20 rule. At least 80% of your content should be customer-centric, for entertainment, interest and engagement Photoshop cs3 Hangul. The other 20% can be enterprise-centric, for direct sales, discounts, coupons and deals.

#6: Format Like a Marketer

Have you ever considered your Facebook post formatting, or how you post on Twitter 트윈스터즈? Use line spaces to make your post easy to read, and start using formatting to make your posts stand out from the rest.

#7: Consider The Lesser Used Content

Content like interviews, case studies, whitepapers and podcasts aren’t used very often by the average social media manager jdk 1.6 zip. Create these lesser used pieces of content to get them widely syndicated and shared virally in your niche.

#8: Content Value Gets You a Thank-You

Does your community thank-you for your content? If they don’t, perhaps you’re not anticipating niche problems early enough, and solving them before other expert content creators. That’s your job! Go for the rampant thank-yous.

#9: Show Customers You Truly Care

You are the online brand ambassador for your company, so show customers you really care about them. Go above and beyond to help them, send them free stuff, and put up lots of social proof that this is how you run your business. Customers come first!

#10: Focus on The Soft Metrics

Soft metrics like engagement, time spent on each platform, comment quality, shares, likes, retweets, repins and fan additions are important. These affect your day-to-day posting strategies more than the harder metrics like mobile, web and social.

Perfect these awesome content marketing secrets and explode your social communities in the coming months. Often in content strategy, it’s the small things that matter. Treat each customer like they are your only customer, consistently provide superb content and you will quickly become a social manager that thrives on success.

Which one of these content marketing secrets did you find most helpful?

About John Souza

John Souza is founder and chief strategist of SMMU and Social Media Impact, and is a bestselling business author. He won the 2011 Tech Marketing Awards ‘Social Media Marketer of the Year’ and most recently the Reader’s Choice Award for Best Online Education Site. John has appeared on The Michael Gerber Show, and his business has been honored at the Mashable Awards, Forbes Business Awards and The Stevie Awards.

Like what you're reading?

Like us on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ for more!