How To Strengthen Your Content Strategy

By on June 30, 2011

Social media creates a never-ending need for fresh, vibrant content. But even if you’ve got a fairly efficient content strategy – is it really supporting your ultimate goals online 아이 펀박스? You need an excellent strategy to keep your social media content the best in your niche! Here’s what you can do to make it better.

The Five Golden Rules of Content Strategy Genius

1 아이콘 취향저격. Every single piece of content needs a reason to exist, an end goal
2. All content must be optimized for the search engines
3. All content must contain unique information
4 cookie yomi. All content must be reader-orientated, or reader friendly
5. All content must flow, or be logically planned, connected and organized

These 5 rules will keep your content quality relevant, and in line with your business objectives 5 downloads from the player. Whenever you create a new bit of content – be it an article, video, podcast or slideshare presentation – run through these rules. They always apply 파이썬 터틀.

Strategy Begins With Keywords

If you haven’t yet discovered the magic of an excel spreadsheet filled with hundreds of keywords, perhaps its time to create one for the first time 초인전설. An excellent strategy hinges on your ability to research, collect and group together relevant keywords to use in your new content. On a micro level, if you’re looking at 1 weeks worth of content strategy, you’re looking at a specific set of keywords that are related to the same subject Download Friends Popcorn.

You’ll then use these keywords to create a ‘themed’ week. For example, you could focus on Google+ and everything surrounding it. You can then integrate keywords into articles, tweets, Facebook updates, video posts and presentations – based on this theme 세 사람. It will also be easier to source fresh news from news aggregators on this subject, to boost your SEO and attract more readers to each of your social sites Download Holding Five.

Your Content Strategy Planner

Use the same excel spreadsheet to come up with unique titles and ideas for your content – for the upcoming month c# html Excel. Creating the bulk of your content early, frees you up to post on breaking news, trends and discussions that happen during the month. Timing is also an essential part of your content strategy, which is why 65% of your content needs to be prescheduled, and the remaining 35% on the fly.

Become an Avid Content Collector

Browsing on the internet takes up time, but when you know which themes you are planning to base content around – you can collect as you go. Even if you’re still working on this months content, when you see an interesting video, or blog post for example – store the link on a specially created research page in your excel spreadsheet. Sometimes you come across gems online, and lose them instantly in a flurry of having other things to do. This prevents that from happening.

Don’t Forget The Little Things

Coming up with a smashing video idea that gets a million views is great, but it’s time consuming and expensive. As you go about your daily dealings online, don’t forget to participate – whole heartedly. That means commenting on blogs, forums, tweets, Facebook updates, LinkedIn discussions and video feeds. The backlinks alone will make that worth your time, not to mention the brand visibility you get for free.

Use these professional content strategy tips to strengthen your current strategy, and enjoy the many benefits of brand exposure online!

What part of your content strategy can’t you live without? Please leave your great advice below!

About John Souza

John Souza is founder and chief strategist of SMMU and Social Media Impact, and is a bestselling business author. He won the 2011 Tech Marketing Awards ‘Social Media Marketer of the Year’ and most recently the Reader’s Choice Award for Best Online Education Site. John has appeared on The Michael Gerber Show, and his business has been honored at the Mashable Awards, Forbes Business Awards and The Stevie Awards.

Like what you're reading?

Like us on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ for more!